Friday, May 21, 2010

Butterflies

Monkey and I did end up spending an hour or so at the Butterfly Conservatory: Wings of Paradise. We took a ton of pictures, so I'll post a few on here for you to take a look at. There was a little group of school kids also visiting the conservatory, they were pretty cute to watch and listen to.

This Link: Butterflies, will take you to the page that shows you all the different species of butterflies that are in the conservatory. We got pictures of a lot of them, but certainly not all. We saw a lot of the Postman ones, but we never saw one actually land in order to snap our shot.

I cooked dinner last night, chicken Parmesan sandwiches with steamed green beans as the side for both Monkey and I. I also had a spinach salad with honey mustard dressing. It was pretty good, and tonight I'm going to attempt to make a pork chop dish I've never done before. Here's hoping it's good and my Monkey enjoys.

Still not even bothering to attempt counting pnts - it's just too much of a hassle with everything else going on. We went out Geocaching today again, for about 2 - 3 hours. So there was a fair bit of walking involved - but I'm sure not enough to off-set the poor eating. I'm trying to rein it in this weekend, but it's difficult when the last thing you want to do is cook and clean up dishes.

4 comments:

  1. Having a special visit can sometimes throw us off track, but just make a committment to putting yourself first as soon as the visit is over! You'll be back on track in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that first picture of you two looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love butterflies! Adorable picture!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day!!! Love all the butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete